Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rain....


After a bit of a rainy piece here, the blue sky is back and the sun is shining through. I can't help but say I feel a bit sad. Oddly enough, I prefer the rainy, cloudy, foggy weather that's been here lately, though when I tried voicing that thought to my avowedly solar powered sister on a recent drive in her car, she threatened to make me walk home :) Of course I love the sun, but prefer the rain. Yesterday, I was running our lake route with my mom and simple felt thrilled at the feel of the rain soaking me to the skin. I tend to get terribly warm when I run, so it's nice every once in a while to run in the rain. It's almost like as soon as you start to get over-heated, the never-ending shower cools you down... I love that! :) We had a dry spell here, and when the three day rain began, I could sympathize with the plants, who seemed to be silently rejoicing in the.... wet-ness (is that a word?) of it all. Rain reaches the deepest depths of my soul and wakes the inner me... okay, maybe a little dramatization, but what can I say? I love the rain!
But sadly, it's all gone now... the sun is lovely, and it is nice to dry off a bit before another rain, but it is a bit sad... Oh well, we can't have the rain without the sun! :)

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Dear Little Pumpkin,
    Because you're an american- you have the right to your own opinion about the rain. Oh- and I totally know what I'm getting you for your just-because-I-wanted-to-get-you-a-present day!!! Not telling. :)

    Sincerely,
    The Big Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I love it! At least yours is rain, and not snow. We're having another snow storm, up here...::sigh::

    ReplyDelete